Skip to main content

Day 14 at Hippocrates

Saturday.

Today I only had a 1/2 hour worth of treatments, so I basically had the day to myself. Today I finally reached my goal of walking 9 laps around the one side of the campus.I've been slowing building up the number of laps as I'm feeling stronger and better each day. I'm not sure how many miles that would be but I'm guessing about 5 miles because it normally takes me about 20 minutes to walk a mile and I walked for like an hour and 50 minutes with a stop now and again for water and green juice!

Then spent the rest of the day resting, reading and hanging out in nature.

Dinner was "light" consisting of a delicious salad mix they prepare with spring mix lettuce, sprouts and avocado all mixed up and you can put it in a huge raw collard green or a sprouted, whole grain flat tortilla-type wrap. I tried both when they had it last week and I preferred the collard green, so that's what I went with this week. And tonight was ice cream night, so that's a happy time around here! I went with the nut ice cream again since I'm not supposed to eat fruit and it was delicious.

I think I have the recipe for it, but once again I forgot my recipe packets in my room, so I'll start posting soon!

Tomorrow a bunch of us signed up to go to Chef Renate's house where she will be giving a raw food demo of a 4-course meal and then we sit down to enjoy the food she prepared. She's very creative so I'm hoping to get some nice ideas from her since I would love to be able to do that some day. My town house is not that big so I couldn't have quite so many people, but I think it would be fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brenda's Lasagna (recipe), Overused Words and One of the Best Moms I Know

I haven't posted here as much as I thought I would. Not sure why - I guess it has to do mostly with work - I have so many thoughts going through my mind that I think would make interesting topics and then I don't set aside the time to post.  I need to manage that a little better! Take my friend, Brenda - I wonder if her ears were ringing today.  I was thinking about her.  A lot.  I mean, she's got a hubby and six kids (four are her own and two step daughters) and if she can find the time to take care of her family and herself and work full time, then I can certainly find the time to post some of my thoughts and recipes more often!  I don't have any kids; I just have a boyfriend and a cat. One of the things I've been thinking about lately is how certain words are overused.  Lately the words I hear all the time are AMAZING and ROCKS.  I was watching Property Brothers a few weeks ago and this lady kept saying "Oh my God, that's AMAY-ZING" like 18 times

Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker

Despite reading about the importance of maintaining a food journal, I figured I could just keep track in my head. Boy was I wrong!  I thought I was doing a pretty good job of approximating the number of calories I was consuming each day.  After all, food is my passion and I have a pretty good idea of calorie counts.  Over the years, my weight has slowly and steadily crept up, up, up to an all-new high. I brown-bag it during the work-week and prepare really good lunches: usually delicious salads, sometimes brown rice and steamed or lightly sauteed veggies and fruits and cut up veggies for snacks.  But still... even though I know better, when I'm at work I find myself munching on a couple of handfuls of pretzels, some chocolates, peanuts, etc. later in the afternoon.  Then, I go home and cook a large dinner.  It's just the two of us, but I like to prepare extra so BF can take leftovers to work.  But I would find myself eating 2 portions (and sometimes 3 if it tasted really good

Summertime Kale Salad with Kelp Noodles

I crave this salad!  The variations are limitless depending on what produce is seasonal and available. Today I had a small yellow summer squash, so I used it. Other times I might use cucumber, fresh peas (you could use frozen peas too - just rinse briefly under cold water to thaw), red pepper, tomatoes, fresh raw corn just off the cob.  Here's how I made it today. Summertime Kale Salad with Kelp Noodles For the Kelp Noodles: 1 package Kelp Noodles 1 lime OR 1/2 lemon To prepare Kelp Noodles:  rinse according to package directions and drain in colander.  The kelp noodles are long and kind of unruly to eat, so I use a clean pair of scissors (reserved for food use only) to cut them in to smaller, easy-to-manage pieces (2 inches or so).  Place the cut kelp noodles in a medium bowl and squeeze lime or lemon juice over the  noodles and toss to coat.  Set aside to marinate while you prepare the Kale Salad. For the Kale Salad: 2 bunches Lacinato kale (can use regular kale t